PREPARING FOR YOUR SURGERY
As Maya Medical, we pride ourselves in giving you the best patient care during all stages of your surgical journey. Our main priority is to ensure that all your needs are met from the first moment you contact us, to your aftercare. Therefore, our patient coordinators are here for you not only during your stay in Turkey but also prior to your arrival and after your return back home too.
In order to assist you in preparing for your surgery, we have prepared these guidelines with the advice of our expert surgeons to provide you with valuable information.
How to Prepare for Your Surgery
- You have to stop taking vitamins and supplements including weight loss and herbal supplements 2 weeks prior to your surgery as they can interfere with your healing process.
- You have to stop drinking green tea at least 10 days before your surgery, because it can interact with your medications.
- You must limit your alcohol intake 2 weeks before your surgery, otherwise it will affect your healing process.
- You must quit smoking 2 weeks before your surgery, including cigarettes, cigars, marijuana, shisha and e-cigarettes.
- You must stop taking contraceptive pills 3 weeks before your surgery.
- You have to cut your nails and remove any nail varnish and acrylic nails.
- You must remove all your piercings before your surgery. If you wish to keep your piercings, you must replace them with plastic retainers.
- You should reduce your sodium intake 1 week prior to your surgery and maintain a healthy diet.
- You should start eating high fibre foods and reduce your carbohydrate intake 1 week prior to your surgery.
- You must refrain from taking blood thinners, such as aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs 1 week prior to your surgery.
- If you use prescription medications or have used prescription medications including inhalers within 1 week prior to your surgery, you must include it on your Medical History Questionnaire and bring the medications with you.
- You should not take any period delay tablets as it’s absolutely fine if your menstrual period overlaps with your surgery date.
- You have to take a shower on the morning of your surgery, as you will not be able to take a shower for 3-4 days after your surgery.
- You must avoid using deodorant, perfume, body lotions, makeup or hair products before your surgery.