- The night before your surgery you must stop eating and drinking anything after midnight. This includes water as well. It’s essential that you take a shower on the morning of your surgery. You must avoid using deodorant, perfume, body lotions, make-up or hair products after your shower.
- On the morning of your surgery, you’ll be picked up by your Patient Coordinator from the hotel and taken to the hospital for your procedure.
- Once you’re admitted to the hospital, you will undergo a preoperative assessment including a complete blood count to ensure that you’re healthy and fit to have surgery. Depending on your age, you might be required to undergo further tests as well.
Consultation with Your Surgeon
- Your surgeon will go through your medical history and test results with you to ensure your suitability for the procedure. During your consultation with the surgeon you will be able to discuss your expectations and potential results.
- After clearly explaining how the procedure will be performed, your surgeon will physically examine you and draw very detailed markings on your treatment areas. The markings will be unique to your body and they will define precisely where your surgeon is going to perform your procedure. You will then be given information about your post-op recovery and be prepared for your surgery.
- You’re strongly advised to read the consent forms you sign at the hospital to ensure you have all the information you need regarding your procedure and your recovery.
- Depending on the type of procedure you have, you’ll spend one or two nights at the hospital. Your companion can spend the night at the hospital with you.
- Your Patient Coordinator will be with you during your consultations with the surgeon and during and after your surgery. She will also visit you every day during the week to ensure your well-being.
English Speaking Nurse
- We also have our own English speaking nurse who will visit you every day during the week.
- Our nurse specializes in Lymphatic Drainage Massages. If you’d like to have massages while you’re in Istanbul you can book them at an extra charge.